Friday 28 October 2011

A Truly Fifties Frock!


Hello Hello Hello!

Hope everyone has had a lovely week, not worked too hard and are enjoying their Friday evening. I'm currently sitting on the sofa listening to Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers with a cold pint. It was lovely seeing Margaux's family this week. They are so much fun and treat me like one of their own, even if we struggle to communicate without poor Margaux having to translate. It is very frustrating not being able to speak French, you would have thought that I should be doing quite well after two years but sadly that isn't true. Je suis vraiment un 'Rosbif'!!! I am very excited to understand George Brassens lyrics, Margaux tells me how some of the tales are witty, surreal and hilariously funny, but certainly the most exciting thing is being able to talk to her family. I cannot wait for that.

We are off to France on Sunday evening. We are both very excited to spend halloween there, we're planning on baking a pumpkin pie as I have never tried one before, actually come to think of it I don't think I have ever ate anything pumpkin related! We will without a doubt post a Halloween Special, don't you worry. This also means we will be returning with suitcases full of  treasures for you...

Here we have a 1950s striped sky and grey blue day dress with a ruffle bust, wide sweep and two front pockets, it is most certainly one of our favourites. 

Hope you like it!

Alec


5 comments:

  1. I love Friday Frocks, and what a gorgeous dress this is! I love the colours. And looking beautiful as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Will this one be for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are taking it to a Vintage Fair called 'Frock Me' (www.frockmevintagefashion.com) in Brighton. If it doesn't sell there then we shall certainly be putting it up on our Etsy shop.

    www.thesplendidsuitcase.etsy.com

    Take Care,

    Alec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alec, I take it this was sold at the fair? :(

    ReplyDelete